Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Woodwind Week Recap

We've finished our first week of band! Last week was Woodwind Week where I met with all the flutes, clarinets, and saxes. We had a great first week and covered through page 9 in class. I hope all the students are practicing, practicing, practicing this week. I want everyone up to page 10 by next Monday.

We also had our first percussion class last Friday. It was a great day. Everyone started working on drum rolls. Be sure they're getting a good bounce on each hand individually, then combine the hands in a circular motion to get a good drum roll. On bells, percussion students should also be up to page 10.

We are currently on our Brass Week. So far, I have nothing but trumpets. If anyone knows anyone else interested in joining the band and playing trombone, send them my way! Today, we made it through page 7, but I'm hoping everyone gets to page 10 by the end of the week.

Don't forget to turn in practice charts!

Next week, we'll combine classes on Monday and Thursday mornings. Band Camp is Tuesday and Wednesday nights next week. Be sure to bring your beginning students to the camp! It is so incredibly beneficial for them!

Thanks! And remember, if you have any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment on the blog.
Mrs. Worthen -- band

No comments:

Post a Comment